Frequently asked questions
Is a deposit required to reserve a spot?
Yes. For the first quarter of 2020 we are having a 20% special - A non-refundable deposit of $200 is required to secure your spot!
Are my payments refundable?
Payments are non-refundable. If a circumstance prevents you from attending, it is possible that your deposit may be applied to a future Africa Culture Center trip. Please read our terms & conditions.
Do you offer payment plans?
Yes. Installment payment terms are outlined on each trip's booking page. If you'd like to discuss, contact us at email@example.com
Are flights included in the cost?
Airfare is not included in this package. Guests are responsible for securing their own flights to Kotoka International Airport (ACC), landing no later than 10pm on day one of the trip
Do you provide airport transfers and on-the-ground transportation?
Yes, we will arrange your airport pick up and drop off at no extra cost, so long as the arrival and departure times fall within the outlined time periods. Transportation to and from programmed activities is also included.
Do you recommend travel insurance?
We strongly encourage all travelers to purchase travel insurance. You are responsible for acquiring your own travel insurance.
The policy should have a minimum coverage of $200,000 USD and cover personal injury, medical expenses, loss of or damage to luggage, repatriation expenses, and evacuation expenses. A typical policy with this coverage usually costs around $75.
There are many vendors to choose from, such as Allianz Global Assistance, Amex Assurance and Seven Corners.
What's included and what extras should we expect?
Could the price increase after I've paid my deposit?
There’s no hidden catches or conditions when you book with us. Once you’ve paid your deposit, the price of your trip is fixed.
How large are the groups?
The maximum group size on our tours is 12.
What are the groups like?
We often find the families on your tours tend to be a like-minded group. After getting to meet the families on the trip - the kids often develop instant connections! The small group size also means there’s enough freedom for children to make new friends while the parents can have adult conversations.
Do you help with getting a Ghana visa?
Yes - ACC Tours provides White Glove Ghana Visa services for $69. If you would like to utilize our visa service simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
Booking terms & conditions
Please take the time to read and understand the booking conditions below before booking. By booking a trip with us you are deemed to have agreed to these Booking Conditions (which constitutes the entire agreement between you and us) and your booking will be accepted by us on this basis. The services to be provided are those referred to in your participation agreement.
If we accept your booking we will issue a invoice. A contract will exist between us from the date we issue the invoice or if you book within 30 days of departure the contract will exist when we accept your payment. Please refer to your agreement document for details regarding final payments. Payment of the balance of the trip price is due 56 days before the departure date. If this balance is not paid on or before the due date we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled.
This participation tour agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into by and between Africa Culture Center, LLC, a New York limited liability company, with its principal office at PO Box 150405 Brooklyn, NY 11215 (the “Agent”) and the person(s) listed in Schedule 1 (the “Travelers”, and together with the Agent, the “Parties” and each a “Party”).
- The itinerary and terms and conditions of the tour are set out in Schedule 2, including the intended name of the intended facilities scheduled for accommodation, intended transport, facilities, meals. The Agent shall not be responsible to supply any goods or services not specifically included in Schedule 2. Without this list being exhaustive, the tour shall not include airfares to or from the destinations where the tour originates and returns, airport transfers, taxes, excess baggage charges, tips, travel insurance, alcohol, meals (other than those expressly specified), visa and passport fees, optional activities and any personal expenses.
- Each Traveler agrees and acknowledges that the nature of the tour requires considerable flexibility and each Traveler should allow for alternatives. The itinerary provided for by the tour is representative of the types of activities contemplated, but it is understood that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities, mode of transport and meals may be subject to alteration without prior notice due to local circumstances or events. The Agent reserves the right to make any changes to the itinerary, activities, accommodation and transport facilities and meals included in the tour (including the right to change any service provider), as deemed necessary due to reasons beyond the Agent’s reasonable control, provided that it will use commercially reasonable efforts to replace any such goods or services for those of similar quality. None of the Travelers shall be entitled to claim a reduction in the Tour Price or to seek any compensation for any alterations in terms of this provision. For purposes of this Agreement, “Commencement Date” means the commencement date of tour as specified in Schedule 2, or such other date as determined by the Agent pursuant to this Clause .
- Optional activities not included in Schedule 2 do not form part of the tour or this Agreement. Each Traveler agrees and acknowledges that any assistance given by the Agent, or any of its agents, employees or local representatives in arranging any optional activities does not render the Agent liable for such optional activities in any way. The contract for the provision of any such optional activity will be only between the Traveler and the activity provider.
- Booking; Payments and Surcharges.
- In order to reserve a place in the tour a Traveler shall provide the information described in Schedule 3 and shall pay a non-refundable fee of $200 (the “Non-Refundable Fee”).
- Payments are due according to the payment installment schedule set forth on Schedule 4. If payments are not received by the respective deadlines, the Agent reserves the right to cancel the Traveler’s reservation and, in addition to any and all other rights and remedies that may be available to it in respect of such breach, accept new reservations for the Traveler’s spaces.
- Each Traveler agrees and acknowledges that (i) the Tour Price is subject to variable and seasonal pricing (including without limitation, foreign exchange rates, increases in airfares and increases in government taxes), both of which are standard practice within the travel industry; (ii) the Tour Price may vary at any time in accordance with demand, market conditions and availability; (iii) it is likely that different participants on the same tour have been charged different prices; and (iv) any reduced pricing or discounts that may become available after a Traveler has paid the Non-Refundable Fee shall not apply.
- The Agent reserves the right to impose surcharges up to 56 days before the Commencement Date due to unfavorable changes in exchange rates, increases in airfares or other transportation costs, increases in local operator costs, taxes, or other changes to economic conditions, or if government action should require the Agent to do so. In such instances, the Agent will be responsible for any amount up to 2% of the Tour Price and each Traveler will be responsible for the balance. If any surcharge results in an increase of more than 10% of the Tour Price, the Traveler will have the right to cancel the booking by written notice to the Agent within 10 days of the receipt of the notification of the surcharge and obtain a full refund of any amount paid towards the Tour Price (less the Non-Refundable Fee).
- It is each Traveler’s responsibility to make, at his/her sole cost and expense, appropriate transportation arrangements to and from the destination where the tour originates and returns. The Agent shall not be responsible for any loss or surcharges resulting from delays, cancellations, or changes in such transportation arrangements.
- Unless otherwise expressly provided, all amounts in this Agreement are expressed in U.S. dollars.
- Information; Documents; Insurance.
- Each Traveler shall provide any information and documents required by the Agent to make appropriate travel arrangements (including, without limitation, full name as per passport, date of birth, nationality, passport number, passport issue date and expiry date and any pre-existing medical conditions that a Traveler may have and that could affect his/her ability to participate in any activity included in the tour). Each Traveler represents and warrants that such information or documentation is true, accurate, complete and correct at the time it is provided and each Traveler agrees to promptly notify the Agent about any change in such information.
- Each Traveler has the obligation to inform the Agent at the time of booking or, if later, immediately upon he/she becoming aware of any physical or other condition that may require professional attention or the use of special equipment during the tour. Each Traveler must bring and be responsible for all necessary items related to his/her physical condition, including, without limitation, any special equipment. Each Traveler agrees and acknowledges that because the tour accommodations and transportation facilities, are not owned or operated in the United States, they are not required to meet the standards established by U.S. law for disabled travelers.
- It is each Traveler’s responsibility to carry a valid passport for 6 months beyond the duration of the tour and to obtain any necessary visas, permits and certificates (including, without limitation, certificate of vaccinations) for the countries which a Traveler will visit during the tour. The Agent shall not be not responsible if a Traveler is refused entry to a country for any reason (including, without limitation, because the Traveler lacks a valid passport, visa or other travel documentation required by such country).
- Each Traveler is strongly encouraged to obtain current and adequate travel insurance before the tour begins. Travel insurance should provide coverage against personal injury, medical treatment and expenses, death, repatriation and evacuation expenses, including helicopter rescue and air ambulance internationally. It is recommended that travel insurance also addresses personal liability, personal property (including loss of luggage) and trip cancellation coverage. Each Traveler is responsible for understanding the terms and conditions of his/her travel insurance policy, ensuring that the policy covers all optional and included activities listed in the tour itinerary, and ensuring that there are no exclusion clauses that would limit the coverage that the Traveler might reasonably need. Each Traveler shall provide to the Agent (to the extent that the Traveler has insurance coverage) his/her travel insurance policy number and the insurance company’s 24 hour emergency contact number prior to the Commencement Date in order to be entitled to join the tour.
- The Agent is not responsible for the costs of any medical treatment a Traveler may require during the tour and thereafter. Under no circumstance is the Agent responsible for the quality of medical care, or lack thereof, that a Traveler may receive while on the tour.
- To the extent that the tour includes air bookings made by the Agent, each Traveler agrees and acknowledges that (i) the Agent acts only as his/her agent and (ii) all air routings are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. The Agent shall not be responsible if an airline cancels or delays a flight for any reason (including, without limitation, weather conditions). The Agent shall not provide any refund for portions of tour missed due to canceled or delayed flights. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Agent, the Traveler shall be solely responsible for any expenses arising out of or in connection with the cancellation or delay of a flight (including, without limitation, an overnight stay in a gateway city).
- If a Traveler wishes to cancel the tour, he/she must notify the Agent in writing. Any amount paid by the Traveler to the Agent shall not be refunded or refundable. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the Traveler cancels the tour more than 30 days prior to the Commencement Date, the Agent may, at its sole and absolute discretion and subject to inventory and availability, allow the Traveler to transfer any amount paid towards the tour to another tour organized by the Agent.
- The Agent shall not make any refunds for unused services if for any reason a Traveler (i) joins the tour after departure or (ii) leaves the tour prior to its completion.
- The Agent shall have the right to cancel the tour (in addition to any remedies available at law or in equity) in any of the following instances:
- if, due to a Force Majeure Event or any other reasons beyond the Agent’s reasonable control it is not viable for the Agent to operate the planned itinerary;
- if the number of participants subscribing for the tour has already reached the maximum number of participants as scheduled for the Tour;
- if the number of participants subscribing for the tour has not reached the minimum number of two participants at least 30 days in advance of the Commencement Date; or
- if a Traveler does not comply with any material obligations under this Agreement to be undertaken prior to the Commencement Date.
- If the Agent cancels the tour in accordance with Clause 4.3(ii) or Clause 4.3(iii), each Traveler may, as the sole remedy, transfer amounts paid to an alternate commencement date or receive a full refund of any amount paid to the Agent toward the Tour Price (less any unrecoverable costs incurred by the Agent). The Agent shall not be responsible for any incidental expenses that a Traveler may have incurred as a result of the booking (including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights).
- If the tour is cancelled by the Agent in accordance with Clause 4.3(i) or Clause 4.3(iv), any amount paid by the Traveler to the Agent shall not be refunded or refundable.
- Authority on Tour.
- The tour will be run by a group leader. Each Traveler shall be bound by any decisions made by the group leader on all matters likely to affect the safety, well-being or mobility of any traveler or staff member participating in the tour.
- The Agent reserves the right to decline any tour participant whose condition, in the opinion of the group leader may negatively affect the health and safety of other travelers.
- If a Traveler fails to comply with a decision made by a group leader, or interferes with the safety, well-being or mobility of the group, or whose comportment is disruptive to other tour participants, the group leader shall have the right to direct a Traveler to immediately leave an activity, to exclude such Traveler from any future activity or to direct him to leave the tour, and such Traveler shall have no right of refund. The Agent reserves the right to exclude such Traveler from on any future trips booked with the Agent.
- Each Traveler must at all times comply with the laws and customs of all countries visited, and also agrees to travel in accordance with the Agent’s travel guidelines set forth in Schedule 5.
- Acceptance of risk.
Each Traveler agrees and acknowledges that (i) he/she will be participating in certain activities which nature is adventurous (such as zip lining, canoeing and rainforest canopy walk) and such participation involves a degree of personal risk and is potentially dangerous, harmful or unsafe; (ii) it is his/her own responsibility to acquaint himself/herself with all relevant travel information and the nature of the itinerary; and (iii) his/her decision to travel is made in light of consideration of this information and he/she is participating at his/her own risk.
- Limitation of liability.
- THE AGENT’S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCUDING NEGLIGENCE AND BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY WHATSOEVER ARISING) OR OTHERWISE FOR ANY CLAIMS AGAINST THE AGENT BY A TRAVELER SHALL IN ANY EVENT BE LIMITED TO THE TOUR PRICE.
- EACH TRAVELER EXPRESSLY WAIVES AND RELEASES THE AGENT FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION, OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF ANY SERVICE PROVIDED BY A THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS INTRODUCED TO A TRAVELER DURING THE TOUR.
- NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO ANY BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, REGARDLESS OF ANY NOTICE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- EXCEPT FOR THE REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF THE AGENT SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE TRAVELERS AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE AGENT IS NOT MAKING ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, WRITTEN OR ORAL, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO THE TRAVELERS, AND THAT ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES (INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) ARE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED. THE AGENT, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS, HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, STATEMENT OR INFORMATION NOT INCLUDED IN THIS AGREEMENT THAT WAS MADE, COMMUNICATED OR FURNISHED (ORALLY OR IN WRITING) TO THE TRAVELERS.
- IF A TRAVELER HAS A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE TRIP (INCLUDING FOR BREACH OF COVENANTS, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES) HE/SHE SHALL IMMEDIATELY INFORM THE GROUP LEADER OR THE LOCAL REPRESENTATIVE IN ORDER THAT THEY CAN ATTEMPT TO RECTIFY THE MATTER. IF SATISFACTION IS NOT REACHED THROUGH THESE MEANS THEN THE TRAVELERS SHALL PROVIDE WRITTEN NOTICE TO THE AGENT WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER THE TERMINATION OF THE TOUR. THE AGENT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM BROUGHT AFTER THE EXPIRATION OF SUCH 30-DAY PERIOD.
- The Travelers agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Agent, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors and subcontractors, from any and all out-of-pocket losses, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred or sustained by, or imposed upon, the Travelers based upon, arising out of, with respect to or by reason of (a) any inaccuracy in or breach of any of the representations or warranties under this Agreement; or (b) any breach or non-fulfillment of any covenant, agreement or obligation to be performed by a Traveler pursuant to this Agreement.
- The Agent, at its sole discretion, shall have the right to participate in or assume the defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification, with counsel selected by it, in which event the Travelers shall cooperate with the Agent asserting any available defenses.
- Force Majeure
- Neither party shall be in breach of this Agreement nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under this Agreement if such delay or failure result from a Force Majeure Event.
- For purposes of this Agreement, “Force Majeure Event” means any circumstance not within a party’s reasonable control including, without limitation: (a) acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster; (b) epidemic or pandemic; (c) terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations; (d) nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom; (e) any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, including without limitation imposing a quota or prohibition; (f) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident; (g) interruptions, loss or malfunctions of utilities or communications; and (h) non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors (other than by Affiliates of the Agent).
- Photos and marketing
The Agent reserves the right to take photographic or film records of any of its tours, to obtain the same from fellow travelers or other third parties, and/or to use such photographic or film records for promotional and/or commercial purposes. By participating in the tour, each Traveler grants the Agent a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use such images and likeness for publicity and promotional purposes.
- Applicable Law; Jurisdiction.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal Laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction).
- ANY LEGAL SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATING TO OR BASED UPON THIS AGREEMENT OR THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY MAY BE INSTITUTED IN THE FEDERAL COURTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA OR THE COURTS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK IN EACH CASE LOCATED IN THE CITY OF NEW YORK AND KING’S COUNTY, AND EACH PARTY IRREVOCABLY SUBMITS TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURTS IN ANY SUCH SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING. SERVICE OF PROCESS, SUMMONS, NOTICE OR OTHER DOCUMENT BY MAIL TO SUCH PARTY’S ADDRESS SET FORTH HEREIN SHALL BE EFFECTIVE SERVICE OF PROCESS FOR ANY SUIT, ACTION OR OTHER PROCEEDING BROUGHT IN ANY SUCH COURT. THE PARTIES IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVE ANY OBJECTION TO THE LAYING OF VENUE OF ANY SUIT, ACTION OR ANY PROCEEDING IN SUCH COURTS AND IRREVOCABLY WAIVE AND AGREE NOT TO PLEAD OR CLAIM IN ANY SUCH COURT THAT ANY SUCH SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING BROUGHT IN ANY SUCH COURT HAS BEEN BROUGHT IN AN INCONVENIENT FORUM.
- Notices. All notices, requests, consents, claims, demands, waivers and other communications hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been given: (a) when delivered by hand (with written confirmation of receipt); (b) when received by the addressee if sent by a nationally recognized overnight courier (receipt requested); (c) on the date sent by e-mail of a PDF document (with confirmation of transmission) if sent during normal business hours of the recipient, and on the next business day if sent after normal business hours of the recipient or (d) on the third (3rd) day after the date mailed, by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid. Such communications must be sent to the Agent at the following addresses or to the Travelers at the address set forth in Schedule 1 (or at such other address for a party as shall be specified in a notice given in accordance with this Clause 14.1):
If to the Agent:
Africa Culture Center, LLC
Attn: Akosua Awusi
PO Box 150405 Brooklyn, NY 11215
- Interpretation. For purposes of this Agreement: (a) the word “or” is not exclusive; (b) the words “herein,” “hereof,” “hereby,” “hereto” and “hereunder” refer to this Agreement as a whole; and (c) the singular of a word includes the plural and vice versa. Unless the context otherwise requires, references herein: (x) to Clauses and Schedules mean the Clauses of, and Schedules attached to, this Agreement; and (y) to a statute means such statute as amended from time to time and includes any successor legislation thereto and any regulations promulgated thereunder. This Agreement shall be construed without regard to any presumption or rule requiring construction or interpretation against the party drafting an instrument or causing any instrument to be drafted.
- Headings. The headings in this Agreement are for reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
- Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, the term or provision shall be stricken or limited to the extent necessary to render the term or provision valid, legal and enforceable, and such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitute the sole and entire agreement of the parties to this Agreement with respect to the subject matter contained herein and therein, and supersede all prior and contemporaneous representations, warranties, understandings and agreements, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter.
- Assignment. The Travelers shall not assign, in whole or in part, its rights, interests or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of the Agent, which consent shall withheld or delayed at its sole discretion, and any purported assignment in violation of this provision is void.
- No Third Party Beneficiaries. Except as provided in Clause 8, this Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied (other than pursuant to Clause 8), is intended to or shall confer upon any other Person or entity any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of this Agreement.
- Amendment and Modification; Waiver. Unless otherwise provided herein, this Agreement may only be amended, modified or supplemented by an agreement in writing signed by each party hereto. No waiver by any party of any of the provisions hereof shall be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the party so waiving. No waiver by any party shall operate or be construed as a waiver in respect of any failure, breach or default not expressly identified by such written waiver, whether of a similar or different character, and whether occurring before or after that waiver. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Agreement shall operate or be construed as a waiver thereof; nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
- Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original, but all of which together shall be deemed to be one and the same agreement. A signed copy of this Agreement delivered by facsimile, e-mail or other means of electronic transmission shall be deemed to have the same legal effect as delivery of an original signed copy of this Agreement.
What if I (or my child) have a food allergy
We try to accommodate all food requirements, so make sure you advise us at the time of booking. Although we try to have alternative options available, it may be difficult in some restaurants to determine if foods are 100% allergen-free.
What standard can I expect the accomodation to be?
Health & Safety
How safe are these trips for my family?
Health and safety is our number one concern on all Africa Culture Center trips. Our leaders will provide debriefs prior to all activities, and ensure all families are aware of any safety issues while in country - such as how not to get lost at the outdoor market! We'll have a local leader travelling with us at all times who can provide in country guidance and answer any questions you have about safety.
Are Western-like medical facilities available in the event of an emergency?
Do we need vaccinations to travel?
Please contact your local doctor or specialist traveller’s vaccination centre at least 60 days prior to departure. They can give you all the information about what specific vaccinations should be taken prior to your trip.
Is there a discount for kids?
Yes, there is a 20% discount off the price of trips for all children 17 years and younger.
What's the minimum age for children on the trip?
What ages are your trips best for?
The average age of the children on our trips is 8 years old. Our trip itineraries contain detailed info on what each day involves so we suggest parents read over the materials to ensure it suits their child.
What if my kids are adults (over 18 years)
Children over 18 years of age are considered to be adults and therefore cannot participate in an Intrepid Family Adventure unless they’re travelling with younger siblings and their parents.
How much free time will there be to relax with my family?
Just like our adult Africa Culture Center trips, we like to have a blend of included activities and free time. Our itineraries often have planned activities in the morning followed by free time in the afternoon. Alternatively, if we have two full days of activities we follow it with a free day to allow you and the kids to relax and refresh.